The challenge for the 10th day had multiple parts. I answered each part below the heading!
Share five random facts about yourself.
- I crochet! Its a fun hobby, and I get to make gifts for my friends and family.
- I have played piano since I was about 4 years old.
- I ALWAYS talk with my hands.
- I love animals, and have way too many pets!
- I enjoy kayaking in the lakes near my home.
Share four things from your bucket list.
- Receive a PhD.
- Teach in a foreign country.
- Go sky diving.
- Raise a family.
Share three things that you hope for this year, as a “person” or an educator.
- I hope to incorporate more Teach Like a Pirate lessons in my classroom this year.
- I hope to get back into shape, and run at least three 5K races before the end of next summer.
- I hope to determine a plan for my future, including moving toward getting a higher degree.
Share two things that have made you laugh or cry as an educator. (I’m going to focus on laugh, since I do it pretty much every day!)
- A student told me a science joke! “What do you do with a dead chemist? Barium!”
- I was introduced by a student as, “the best science teacher, ever!”, when meeting their parent for the first time.
Share one thing you wish more people knew about you.
- I am extremely passionate about trying to become a better educator. I LOVE professional development (even the sometimes boring kind), and I constantly seek out new ways to further my education!